Republic of Ireland
Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction)(Amendment) Regulations (2019)
Callsafe Services Ltd is one of the foremost construction health and safety consultants in the UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI). We aim to instil exemplar standards across all our services to attain the highest of health and safety criteria but with a realistic and pragmatic approach.
Callsafe Services Ltd are a Registered Practice with the Association for Project Safety (APS), so can demonstrate our commitment to continuous improvement of our clients’ and our projects’ processes. Our consultants/trainers are all qualified and practicing health and safety professionals working within the construction industry, and have extensive experience as health and safety advisors and managers for Client, Designer and Contractor organisations, including Facilities Managers.
If you need an organisation that understands the requirements of these Regulations and how they are applied to construction projects, or other health and safety requirements, and how these requirements can be achieved in a cost-effective way, to act as your PSDR, provide health and safety guidance, advice and assistance and/or provide effective training; please contact Callsafe Services Ltd to discuss what services we offer.
Project Supervisor (for the) Design Process (PSDP)
The duty of the project supervisor for the design process (PSDP) is to ensure co-ordination of the work of designers throughout the project. Upon appointment, Callsafe Services Ltd will:
- Identify hazards arising from the design or from the technical, organisational, planning or time related aspects of the project;
- Where possible, eliminate the hazards or reduce the risks;
- Communicate necessary control measure, design assumptions or remaining risks to the PSCS so they can be dealt with in the safety and health plan;
- Ensure that the work of designers is coordinated to ensure safety;
- Organise co-operation between designers;
- Prepare a written safety and health plan for any project where construction will take more than 500 person days or 30 working days or there is a particular risk and deliver it to the client prior to tender;
- Prepare a safety file for the completed structure and give it to the client;
- Notify the Authority and the client of non-compliance with any written directions issued.