This course has been designed to give delegates an understanding of the following:
• What asbestos is and how should be controlled under the Asbestos Regulations
• Potential health effects of asbestos
• Different types of asbestos and where likely to be found in a building or structure
• What to do if asbestos is accidentally uncovered or disturbed
• How asbestos fibres can be released into the atmosphere
• Duty to manage asbestos in the workplace
• Types of asbestos surveys
On successful completion of the course, participants will have a basic understanding of the principles of asbestos awareness, be able to identify possible asbestos-containing materials in the workplace, and know how to manage asbestos in line with current regulations and approved codes of practice. It will not give delegates the skills or knowledge to remove or repair asbestos-containing materials (non-licensed, licensed or notifiable but non-licensed).
We strongly recommend that this online training course is undertaken in a classroom environment or quiet room where there are no distractions so that the delegate can fully concentrate on the content of the course. Delegates should not receive any help or assistance from others whilst they are doing this course.
A preferred screen size of 10 inches or more is recommended, although an absolute minimum of 7 inches is required. In terms of devices, we strongly recommend using a PC computer or laptop screen with the above dimension screens. We do not advise in any way that the user is to do this online training course on a mobile phone.